Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 killed in alleged Abu Sayyaf attack in Basilan

2 killed in alleged Abu Sayyaf attack in Basilan

ZAMBOANGA CITY – Two civilians were killed and an undetermined number were wounded and displaced in Tubigan village in Maluso, Basilan when suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits attacked at 5 a.m. Saturday, Basilan Bishop Martin Jumoad said.
Senior Superintendent Antonio Mendoza Jr., Basilan police chief, confirmed the attack. But Mendoza said only one villager, identified as Tawasil Idjiran, had been killed.
He said the injured victims were rushed to hospitals.
The attackers belonged to the Moro Islamic Liberation Front with the Abu Sayyaf Group numbering about 70 armed men, Mendoza said.
He said soldiers from the 32nd Army Infantry Battalion and the Marines have been sent to the village.
The situation is under control now, he said.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Convert RSS to PDFEskoboAdd this site to your Protopage Subscribe in RojogritwireSubscribe with Pluck RSS readerBotABlogSubscribe in NewsAlloySolosubSimpify!Subscribe in myEarthlinkMultiRSSAdd to Technorati Favorites!Add to your phoneBittyBrowser

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

wordpress hosting